April Easter Science Activity Holiday Camp 2022
Science Blast! – New for 2022
Book with Confidence! – Our educational Childcare can run as normal in any Lockdown or Tier level and we are offering Full ‘ No Quibble’ Refunds
- Book with confidence! Our Camps are classed as a high priority ‘Children’s Educational Settings, Childcare and Group Activities’ and thus exempt from UK Lockdown and Tier rules
- ‘No quibble’ refunds for all bookings
- For Girls and Boys Ages 5-12
- Certified ‘We’re Good to Go’ COVID-Safe
- Week B: Mon 04-Thur 07 Apr 2022 (4 days)
- Week C: Mon 11-Thur 14 Apr 2022 (4 days, Bank Holiday Fri 15 Apr)
- Time: 9 am – 3:30 pm (Extended hrs 8:30 am – 4 pm)
- At Select School Venues Across London
- All Cards Accepted and Childcare Vouchers at Registered Venues Only
- Early-Bird and Multi-Booking Discount – Now in Place
- Winner ‘Best Holiday Camps’ voted by 1,000’s of Parents in the Hoop Awards
- The No. 1 Parent-Trusted Holiday Science Activity Camp for over 10 Years
Everything You Need to Know
Every year the Mother Nature Science Activity Camp inspires thousands of budding scientists, during all school Holidays and even the half-term breaks at premium Partner School Venues.
Before you attend
- Designed as a week-long camp, for maximum benefit to your child*
*You can book ‘individual days’ at a premium rate and no discount is applicable. Booking for the whole week is much more cost-effective.
- Open to ages 5 – 12 – tried and tested ‘mixed-age’ dynamic
- 9 am – 3:30 pm – extended hours available
- Bring a packed lunch – only mineral water provided
- All equipment provided
During the sessions
- Indoor and outdoor activities – bring comfy clothes
- Four classroom-based fun, hands-on, science sessions per day, with wow-factor demonstrations and take-home experiments – across chemistry, biology and physics
- Three ‘Playground-Activity-Breaks’ per day, including: football, hoola-hoops, tennis, skipping-ropes, bubble-guns, parachutes, bean-bags and stomp rockets – and more!
About the Venues
- Located across London and Herts
- Parking on street where available, we always advise walking, cycling, scooting or public transport where possible!
The Benefits for your Child
Activity Week Programme
– New Egg-cellent Activities for 2022
Every day at this 4-day camp is a safe and fun science expedition into the unknown! Over the week your child will do 30+ science activities, exciting demonstrations, hands-on experiments, team games and fun quizzes- across Chemistry, Physics and Biology!
Every Day includes: 4 classroom-based fun, hands-on, science sessions and 3 ‘Activity Playground Breaks’
Please note: the programme content and order may be subject to minor change.
Day 1> Rocket Launch!
We learn about the intriguing facts behind boomerangs and become Mini Rocket Scientists! What is propulsion? We’ll see in this day packed with activity – create your own boomerang frisbee, aerodynamic arrow, hoop glider and mini-stomp rocket!
It Won’t Come Back! – What is the difference between a stick and a boomerang – Why does only one come back when you throw it? We look at how shape affects how things fly and make our own returning frisbee.
Rocket 3,2,1! – We make aerodynamic rockets and consider the forces need to launch a rocket into space.
Hoop Gliders! – We all recognise a traditional aeroplane shape – here we look at some unusual flying designs.
Air Rockets! – We discover how we can harness the power of air pressure to launch mini-stomp rockets.
Day 2> Powerful Air!
Having constructed a helicopter blade, the kids launch themselves into an air resistance investigation making parachutes! They discover the science behind Da Vinci’s Catapult and try to save Eddy by building a drop zone!
Choppers! – It’s not just aeroplanes that can fly – we investigate making our own helicopter rotors.
Chute Force! – Air resistance is friction in the air – how can we harness this and make the best parachute?
Catapult Comp! – We see some energy transfer in action as we shoot mini-missiles through the air.
Eggonauts! – We discuss states of matter and guess properties of different materials, then we test those predictions and try to save Eddy the Egg from a sticky end!
Day 3> Starry Light!
Play with your perception of light and investigate its funky properties with your very own LED finger torch! Learn all about the fascinating experiments surrounding fire! Become an Astro Physicist, observe cool experiments, and make a light diffracting star as well as a static glider!
Light Show! – We investigate the visible spectrum (otherwise known as a rainbow) and see a cool light show.
Flame On! – The fire triangle is the starting point of our investingation into all thing fiery.
Starry, Starry Night! – We look deep into the night sky to discover the secrets of the twinkling stars.
Static Flyer! – Gazing deep into a plasma ball we discover some properties of electricity, then harness static electricity to magically move our static flyer.
Day 4> Outer Space!
After watching a mind-blowing science show, discover the science behind the moon phases and make your own astronomy device to find it! Make your own gooey alien slime and compete in a ‘Design your own Mars Rover’ competition!
Energy Show! – There are so many different types of energy – but the First Law of Thermodynamics tell us that energy can be neither created or destroyed – so instead we see some amazing energy transformations.
Moon Plate! – We all know the moon – but this session will help us gain a better understanding of the moon and how it rotates around the Earth.
Design a Mars Rover! – After the moon we head to Mars! We take a closer look at the planet Mars and consider the environment and terrain before building our own Mars Rover.
Alien Slime! – We create a gooey, sticky Alien slime and learn all about non-Newtonian fluids.
Remember – you as Parents will also receive a TOP SECRET Handout that tells you:
- What They DID?
- What They LEARNT?
- Other cool science you can EXPLORE AT HOME?
April Easter Holidays 2022
Default dates below, it may differ at some locations please see booking form above.
Week B: Mon 04-Thur 07 Apr 2022 (4 days) – Science Blast!
Week C: Mon 11-Thur 14 Apr 2022 (4 days, Bank Holiday Fri 15 Apr) – Science Blast!
Default timings below, it may differ at some locations please see booking form above.
9 am – 3:30 pm (6.5 hrs).
Earliest drop off 8:30 am; latest collection 4 pm, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 020 3968 0987 request only after booking (extra £10).
For the best price available to you, please see booking form above
Full Week Places (Discount Available)
Early Bird Discount is available! Up to 3-Weeks in advance of camp start date
Website automatically implements Early Bird Discount.
Normal Price: per week 5 days – premium hands-on science activities
Multi-Booking Discount is available, below for full-week friend group bookings, siblings and multiple weeks. Single payment transaction – only.
Places fill up 1-2 months in advance at some venues, so don’t miss out.
Day Rates (no Discount):
We offer a limited amount of daily places for a higher daily charge
How to book Day places: simply place your order online normally ignoring the full-week price and at the final ‘Checkout Page’ in the ‘Additional information’ box – type your preferred day/dates or requests and select ‘Pay by Other Method’ (‘BACS, Cheque, CV Childcare Voucher’) – not Pay by Card. Our Team will then email your balance and
We reward parents who book multiple full-week places, siblings or together in a group with friends. See an example below where you can save up to £100 by booking with your friends. e.g. 👩 Sarah Booked online for her 5 friends as per below using Basket Code C20 and saved everyone £20 and £100 in total.
- £10 off full price (-£5/child) when you book 2 weeks/children
Use checkout coupon code: C5
- £30 off full price (-£10/child) when you book 3 weeks/children
Use checkout coupon code: C10
- £60 off full price (-£15/child) when you book 4 weeks/children
Use checkout coupon code: C15
- £100 off full price (-£20/child) when you book 5 weeks/children
Use checkout coupon code: C20
Please note: friends in a group can also book online separately (choosing Checkout, Pay by Other Method) but one friend must pay for everyone via a single transaction bank transfer to qualify for the multi-book discount – you cannot pay separately. Available at participating offices only.
Discount Basket codes are valid at participating offices only and difference payments may be requested if misused.