Mother Nature Science Terms & Conditions
Holiday Camp T&C
Payment, Cancellation and Credits
- Credit on file to be used by purchase years end, for all Mother Nature Science Product bookings. This means you may cancel your booking up to the last working day before the delivery day and you will get a full purchase price credit.
- Cancellation must be in writing. You may cancel part of your booking, but only full days if you have booked Day Passes and whole weeks if you have booked fixed weeks. Credits can be given on a pro-rata basis for days cancelled from a week booking.
- Credits can also be as a credit kept on file to be used for any future Mother Nature Science Product.
- Once your child has attended their first day, on any given Mother Nature Science product, it only covers for illness and in accordance with the following terms. In all cases, the illness must be validated by a Doctors’ note. Any missed days should be made up later in the season, subject to availability. Where not possible, you can claim a pro-rata credit. We do not charge an administration fee but some GP practices may charge you to issue a note. Siblings of the injured or ill child on the same booking and with it will also be credited in full if they cancel the same days as their brother/sister. Credits do not insure or cover personal property.
“10% off” Reward Vouchers
- These can be redeemed only once and then should be destroyed.
- When redeemed please ensure to give the code reference. We will then add your booking reference to it for our records.
- These CAN be combined with other discounts currently in place e.g. Early Bird and Multi-book Discount.
- Vouchers can NOT be exchanged for credits
- They expire at the end of the issue year
- Vouchers ARE transferable to siblings or your friends
- Only full payment is regarded as acceptance of our booking conditions.
- Mother Nature Science accepts payment by credit or debit card, bacs (bank transfer) and cheque.
- No booking is fully confirmed until a full payment is received.
- To qualify for the Early Bird Booking Rate, bookings must be paid for before or on the date of expiry (see website for specific Season discount dates)
- Children booked from overseas are required to have a good level of spoken English so that they can follow the instructions from the leaders and are able to communicate with the other children.
- Unfortunately, we do not teach English in our camps.
- We require a local telephone contact number once you are in the UK, in case of an emergency.
Pricing & Discounts
- All prices and costs listed are inclusive of VAT. A VAT invoice can be issued upon request.
- The best discount will always be offered to you at the time of booking.
- The Multi-Day/Sibling Discount is available once the Early Bird Discount has expired for the appropriate Season. Discounts can not be combined.
Changing your Booking
- With less than 14 to 7 days’ notice, we will endeavour to change your dates within the same season (e.g. Summer), subject to availability.
- We are unable to guarantee any changes with less than 7 days notice.
Cancelling your Booking
- You may cancel your booking up to the last working day before your child’s first day at camp and you will get back everything as a full credit.
- Cancellation must be in writing. You may cancel part of your booking, but only full days if you have booked Day Passes and whole weeks if you have booked fixed weeks. If you need to cancel part of a week booking, the remaining days will be charged at the Day Pass rate. Credits are not given on a pro-rata basis for days cancelled from a week booking. If you have booked 2 or more children/weeks and received an additional discount for this and then cancel one or more of the child/weeks, leaving just 1 child/week on the booking, the price will revert to the 1 child/week rate.
- Once your child has attended their first day, in any given season, credits only cover for illness and in accordance with the following terms. In all cases, illness must be validated by a Doctors’ note. Any missed days should be made up later in the season, subject to availability. Where not possible, you can claim a pro-rata credit. We do not charge an administration fee but some GP practices may charge you to issue a note. Siblings of the injured or ill child on the same booking will also be credited in full if they cancel the same days as their brother/sister. Credits do not insure or cover personal property.
- Only in exceptional circumstances, we may have to cancel particular dates/venues.
- In this event, we will give those booked onto the programme at least 14 days’ notice and will offer a suitable alternative if one is available. Or put a credit to the value of your booking on file for future use on any Mother Nature Science product.
Available Dates and Activities
- All the information in our literature is correct at time of printing.
- Changes may occur and, if so, Mother Nature Science will inform parents via our website as quickly as possible.
- Not every activity pictured in our literature is available at every venue.
- Please check venue-specific details using the camp finder on our website to find what’s available and where.
- Activity programmes are subject to change in the event of unsuitable weather or other circumstances beyond our control.
- Our standard hours for all camps and courses are 9.00am to 3:30pm.
- Only in special circumstances can a child be dropped off early or / picked up late to a maximum of 30 minutes per session, a charge of £10/day/child is applicable.
- All children must be collected by 3:30 pm.
- If for any reason you are detained and unable to collect by 3:30pm, we ask that you call us as soon as possible.
- Two members of staff will wait with your child until they are collected.
- You will be charged a late pick-up fee of £5 for every 15 minutes after 3:30pm to cover this staffing cost.
- We reserve the right to refuse future bookings from parents who continually pick up late.
- We respectfully remind you that children need to bring their own packed lunch, mid-session snack and drinks bottle. Mother Nature Science do NOT provide any food, snacks or juices at camp. We do have drinking water on-site to keep your children hydrated throughout the day.
- We have a no sharing food policy. We respectfully ask for nut products (such as peanut butter, Nutella and bags of nuts) not to be placed in pack lunches.
- Campers should wear appropriate clothing for indoor and outdoor activities.
Drop-Off and Collection Procedures:
- Please ensure you have confirmed the names and phone numbers for the collectors of your children throughout the camp.
- You can notify us in advance about a change of collector by phone or email.
- Only the named persons known as ‘Collector’s on the register are permitted to collect your child/ren.
- Please always ensure collectors always bring photo ID with them.
- If any persons attempt to collect who are not on the register, you will be contacted by telephone to confirm their identity.
- We may also take a photo of the person collecting for our records.
- Late Collection: if you collect any later than 15 minutes after the scheduled collection time, you will be charged £1 per minute until collection takes place.
- All children in our care are covered by our Public Liability Insurance.
- Mother Nature Science Holiday Camp requires that all children who are ill or infectious be kept home for the full duration of their ailment, and for 48 hours after the last symptom occurs.
- Mother Nature Science will only administer medication in an emergency, as instructed by the parent and if it has been prescribed by a doctor or other health professional.
- In the event of an accident, first aid will be administered to children in our care, and the emergency services will be called if necessary.
- Essential prescribed medication must be handed in to each child’s Camp Manager for safe-keeping, in accordance with Ofsted recommendations.
- We suggest that all parents whose children carry Epipens arrange for a qualified medical practitioner to demonstrate the use of the Epipen to our first aider, Camp Manager and Crew Leader on their first day at camp. If this is not possible then we will accept a demonstration given by a parent/guardian instead.
Photography and Video
- Please be aware that we occasionally take photographs/videos of children on camp for our promotional material. We obtain your prior permission to do so on the booking form.
Equal Opportunities and Child Protection
- Mother Nature Science is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes all children, regardless of their gender, ability, race or religion.
- Each child attending camp is of equal value and is entitled to equal access to opportunities.
- We operate a zero-tolerance policy on discrimination or bullying of any kind.
- Mother Nature Science has legal obligations in relation to Child Protection.
- As a caring organisation, any suggestion of child abuse or neglect will be investigated and reported to our regulator, Ofsted, or other official agencies.
- It is our policy not to exclude any child due to specific needs, wherever possible.
- The needs of each child vary, so decisions are made on a case-by-case basis, depending on the level of support each individual child requires to enable them to fully participate in and enjoy activities at any of our camps and courses.
- We request that parents of children with specific needs contact Head Office to discuss how we can best accommodate their child, and consider whether any special arrangements need to be made.
- On rare occasions, if a child proves incompatible with the general well-being of camp, e.g. they are involved in bullying or are engaged in disruptive or aggressive behaviour, we reserve the right to exclude them.
- No credit will be made for any remaining days booked, and any costs associated with the exclusion, including transport home, will be the parents’ responsibility.
- We will use your details to contact you via email/mail or text with future information about our services.
- You may opt-out of our mailing list when booking or afterwards at any stage. If you do not wish to receive such offers, you may also opt-out of this at any stage.
- Mother Nature Science is registered under the Data Protection Act.
- We aim to provide the best possible care for all children at all times.
- Please tell other parents if you are happy with your experience.
- If you have concerns or suggestions, please tell us; we value your feedback and use it to develop and improve our services.
- Examples of parent feedback can be seen on our website for viewing.
- Concerns should be raised initially with your child’s Crew Leader or the Camp Manager for more serious
- The relevant Regional Manager at Head Office will be advised and will attempt to resolve the issue to your satisfaction.
- Mother Nature Science Camps requires that all children who are ill or infectious be kept home for the full duration of their ailment, and for 48 hours after the last symptom occurs.
- Mother Nature Science Camps will only administer medication if it has been prescribed by a doctor or other health professional.
- For health & safety reasons, we require that all children are fully toilet trained. We cannot accept children that require nappies and reserve the right to exclude any child that does not fulfil these requirements.
Behaviour Code of Conduct
- Mother Nature Science Camps encourages a relaxed atmosphere on Camp and aims to promote positive behaviour at all times.
- Upon booking you agree that your child or children will:
- Respect the property of others
- Be patient, honest, fair, and polite to others
- Not use abusive or obscene language
- Not be aggressive in the way they speak or behave towards others
- Will respect and treat others as they would wish to be treated
- We have a responsibility for ensuring the well-being and safety of all children in our care and have approved procedures for managing behaviour.
- The company follows a zero-tolerance policy on discrimination, bullying and persistent poor behaviour of any kind, irrespective of any special needs.
Birthday Party T&C
- In order to avoid disappointment, we invite you to make your booking as early as possible and to secure it with a 50% total price booking deposit payable to “Mother Nature Science”. The balance is payable not later than two weeks before the party date. Payments non-refundable but will try to accommodate date/time changes if necessary.
- Exact numbers of children attending must be confirmed. Unless we are notified 2 weeks before your party, we shall assume that your confirmed final number is as stated in the “Estimated No. of Children Attending” section of the booking form. Your confirmed final number is the minimum number for which you will be charged.
- Any changes to the standard party offer must be discussed and agreed at the time of booking and confirmed in writing by the customer.
- All prices and costs listed here are inclusive of VAT and a VAT invoice will be issued upon request.
- Balance of payments is due 2 weeks before the party. The operations team will call circa 2 weeks before the party to confirm final details and can take the payment details at this time.
- Parking and travelling cost must be paid by the customer. Mileage costs of £0.50 per mile apply for the total return distance, which is calculated using the postcode where the party took place and our office postcode on the online route planner.
- Although our instructors are thoroughly DBS checked and highly trained, children must not be left alone with the instructor and we insist on a legal guardian or responsible adult being present at all times. Neither must our instructors be asked to accompany children to the toilet nor assist with feeding.
- We regret that Mother Nature Science does not provide food, drink or birthday cakes.
- If at any time the instructor deems that the behaviour of one or more children is likely to cause danger or disruption, the instructor can reasonably request they are controlled or removed and, if this doesn’t happen, cease the presentation until the situation is resolved or terminate the presentation with no recourse to credit.
- The presentations are based around enquiry based fun learning which demands an interchange of questions and answers between the Instructor and the children. We have found that this is not possible when the ambient noise level is too high such as parents chatting or music systems played at too high a level. In the event that presenters cannot interchange with the children, there will be no recourse to credit for unsatisfactory delivery.
- In the event that the child, or any of the guests, have already seen a Mother Nature Science Party, it is advisable to let us know the host and date of that party. We have different party programmes and can provide material that has not been seen before. Of course, if a child has seen a particular programme and would like to see it again we are happy to oblige.
- Mother Nature Science provides much of its programming in schools both in the classroom, at Assemblies and in After-School Clubs and Summer/Half Term Clubs. Children who have attended any of these programmes will realise that the Birthday Parties are higher octane whilst still providing enquiry based learning and fun. If you are interested in seeing Mother Nature Science in your child’s school please let us know the name of the school.
After School Science Club T&C
- Please make a note of the Club Dates. You will only be contacted in advance of the first session if your child does not have a place.
- The number of places available per club each term is limited for quality control reasons. Therefore, we must apologise in advance for those we have to turn away after the club is full.
- Science club fees are non-refundable (except in circumstances where your child either changes school or has prolonged illness/injury which prevents them from attending school whereby a full credit will be issued).
- Science clubs are operated by Mother Nature Science, UK Company Reg. No. 602811; VAT No. 941780413;
Online Science Club T&C
• We are unable to offer refunds or credits for any missed sessions.
- You agree that all matters relating to the use of the Service shall be governed, controlled, interpreted and defined by and under the laws of England and Wales applicable therein without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws. You also agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these Terms or your use of the Service will be filed only in a court located in England and Wales you hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consent and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts for the purpose of any such action.
Privacy Statement and Data Protection Notice (GDPR):
We are Mother Nature Educational Services Ltd T/A ‘Mother Nature Science’ and this data protection notice gives detailed information as to when and why we collect personal information from you, how we keep it secure and how we use it.
On 25 May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), a new EU regulation which relates to the processing of personal data, came into effect. This new regulation is aimed at protecting people’s personal data and electronic privacy. Mother Nature Science has an updated Data Protection Notice in line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
1. How We Collected Your Personal Information
We collect information when you interacted with us including when you visited our websites, signed up for our emails (whether online, in person or over the phone).
We collected your personal information in one of the ways described below:
- When you contacted us to book over the telephone or by email
- When you booked online
- When you booked in person at one of our events
- When you booked via paper enrolment form
- When you entered a competition operated by us or one of our partners
- When you created an online account
- When you visited our website, including if you signed up to one of our email updates, completed forms, shopped online at our online shop, applied for a job with us, created an online account with us or posted a comment on a blog. If you had cookies enabled on your web browser, in such circumstances, we may have used cookies to collect information about your visit as you move through our website as further described here.
- When you responded to a survey we provided to you
- When you completed online forms, such as for general contact or bookings
- If you otherwise contacted us by telephone, email or post
2. What Personal Information We Collected
We collect information that was necessary to perform the services you have requested or that was otherwise necessary for us to operate our services and continue to improve the experience of our customers and employees.
We collected the following information from you:
Information obtained directly from you (for example, in person, over the phone, by post, or when you interact with us online:
- Email address
- Postal address
- Contact telephone number
- Child/ren information
Where relevant we may have also collected:
- Payment Card details (although please be aware we will not hold such information for any longer than necessary to process your transaction)
- Delivery address(es) and/or Billing address(es)
- Email preferences
- Details of goods and services purchased by you
- Where you have left us a legacy, any information you have provided us with to administer this, such as details of your next of kin, executor or solicitor
- Information that you provide when you enter a competition or a promotion by us
- Information provided in correspondence when you contact us
- Information that you provide when you completed surveys that we use for research purposes
We may also obtain information available from other external sources about you and combine it with information we hold about you. This will only be done if this information is publicly available (for example on Companies House or the land registry) or if you have given permission to a third party to share this information.
3. Why We Collect Your Personal Information And How We Use It
We use the information we hold about you for a number of purposes including to provide information you have asked for, to provide a service (or goods) you have requested from us, to request additional information from you, to develop and improve our services and to raise money for and otherwise operate. Below we describe how and why we use this information and how long we retain it.
We may use your information in the following ways:
To fulfil our obligations under a contract with you and to otherwise carry out our business.
- fulfilling purchases you have made of our goods and services (including our events or other commercial experiences)
- processing your payments (although please be aware we will not hold your payment details for any longer than necessary to process your transaction)
- contacting you with any important information in relation to your purchase of goods or services including confirmation of your orders, reminders, details of any changes, delays or other information relevant to your booking, thank you letters for donations
- contacting you in relation to the renewal of any annual agreement you have with us
- contacting you in relation to any competition you may have entered into with us
- for the internal administration of any of your purchases from us
- contact you to respond to your queries (for example, if you email us with a question)
- improving our websites and online services
- fulfilling reporting obligations to our funders
When we have a legal obligation to do so
In appropriate circumstances we shall use your information to fulfil our legal obligations which may include:
- the use of CCTV recording equipment on our premises for monitoring and security purposes
- detecting and reducing the risk of fraudulent transactions in person or online
- undertaking due diligence to detect fraud, money laundering and credit risk and protect the reputation of our company.
- to keep our databases up to date
- for our financial records, including for Gift Aid purposes
- such other obligations as are imposed on us from time to time
- deleting or updating the information we hold about you if we learn such information is inaccurate.
- complying with your data rights (as further described below in section 5)
- Health and Safety implications if appropriate, for example reporting first aid incidents
How long we retain your personal information for
We keep your personal information as long as necessary for the legal purposes set out above.
4. How We Share Your Personal Information with Third Parties
Mother Nature Science will not share, sell or otherwise make available your personal information to third parties without your express prior permission.
We shall share your data with third parties who are performing services on our behalf (for example, where we use third party payment processing services), in order to comply with our legal obligations (for example fraud protection) or in order to enforce our rights, property or the safety of the Mother Nature Science, our visitors or others.
We may share your personal information with the following organisations:
- service providers working on our behalf. For example, this may include payment processing, database services, website hosting services, providers or online and/or cloud services
- third party data services and analytics platforms who assist us with segmenting and understanding our audiences
- If we have your permission, or it is otherwise made expressly clear in advance, we may share your personal information with:
- partner schools venues
If we are required to do so by law (for example under money laundering or charity law legislation, or under a court order) we may share your personal information with the police, other law enforcement or regulatory bodies or a government authority investigating unlawful activities.
5.Your Data Protection Rights
You have certain rights under data protection laws in relation to the personal information we hold and are using about you. To exercise your rights, please use the contact details provided under the ‘Contact Us about your personal information’ section below.
Your rights include asking for a copy of the information we hold about you, having any inaccurate information we hold about you corrected, or to request that we stop using your personal information in a particular way. Your data protection rights are summarised under the tab immediately below.
You have the following rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data, these rights include:
- To be informed about how we use your personal data (the purpose of this Data Protection Notice);
- To have accurate information held about you, and to have your details updated when they are inaccurate. If you have an online account you may amend your personal details and contact preferences at any time. If you prefer, you can contact us by email, telephone, by mail, or in-person to update your details with us;
- To ask us to delete your data (often called the “right to be forgotten”). We might not always be able to delete it, under the law there are some circumstances in which we will need to, or are entitled to, hold on to it;
- To get a copy of your personal data. A subset of your data (limited to data that you have provided to us) is available in a machine-readable format if required;
- To object to how we use your data, and request that we stop using it for certain purposes. There may be circumstances where you ask us to restrict such uses of your information, but we are entitled to refuse that request.
- To withdraw your consent, where we are using your personal information with your consent (as described above in the ‘Why We Collect Your Personal Data and How we use it” section).
- To ask us to transfer your data to another organisation, where your data is held in a machine-readable, commonly used way, and can be safely transferred.
- If we make a decision about you using automated means, you have the right to request that the decision be reviewed by a human; and
- The right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner (www.ico.org.uk) if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us.
To exercise your rights, please use our contact details below.
We may request additional information so that we can verify your identity (and to ensure your personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it). This may include:
- A colour copy of your driving licence, birth certificate or utility bill
- If your request relates to a specific transaction with Mother Nature Science, evidence of that transaction (i.e. a receipt or confirmation)
We may contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to help us enact your rights in accordance with the law.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. However, occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complicated or you have made a number of requests. In such circumstances, we will notify you.
6. Security of Your Personal Data
Mother Nature Science is committed to keeping your data secure. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access and use.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (‘EEA’). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Data Protection Notice. This is done in a number of different way including:
- The country we send the data to might be approved by the European Commission as being sufficiently secure;
- The recipient is located in the United States and is a certified member of the approved EU-US Privacy Shield Scheme; or
- The recipient company might have signed up to a contract obliging them to protect your information.
In all such cases, we shall ensure that any transfer of your information is compliant with data protection law.
However, please note that the transmission of data via the Internet is not completely secure. Your communications may be routed through a number of countries before being delivered. We cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted to our Websites, however, once we have received your data, we will use adequate security procedures to prevent unauthorised access.
7. Changes to This Data Protection Notice
We keep this data protection notice under review and will let you know about any changes made to it by email or another suitable method of communication. The latest version of this notice will always appear on this page.
8. Contact Us About Your Personal Data
If you would like more information or would like to raise any queries, exercise your rights or make a complaint relating to our use of your personal information, you may contact our Data Protection Officer using the following details:
Data Protection Officer
Mother Nature Science
22 Westmoreland Road