Mother Nature Science Terms & Conditions
Holiday Camp T&C
Payment, Cancellation and Refunds
Customer Protection Plan (CPP)
• No quibble refund, as standard. CPP included in the base price of all Mother Nature Science Product bookings. This means you may cancel your booking up to the last working day before the delivery day and you will get back everything but the CPP premium which is £10.
• Cancellation must be in writing. You may cancel part of your booking, but only full days if you have booked Day Passes and whole weeks if you have booked fixed weeks. Refunds can be given on a pro rata basis for days cancelled from a week booking.
• Refunds can also be as a credit kept on file to be used for any future Mother Nature Science Product. There is no expiry date on credits and the CPP premium is not deduced from credits kept on file for future use.
• Once your child has attended their first day, on any given Mother Nature Science product, CPP only covers for illness and in accordance with the following terms. In all cases, illness must be validated by a Doctors’ note. Any missed days should be made up later in the season, subject to availability. Where not possible, you can claim a pro rata refund, less the CPP premium. We do not charge an administration fee but some GP practices may charge you to issue a note. Siblings of the injured or ill child on the same booking and with CPP will also be refunded in full if they cancel the same days as their brother/sister. CPP does not insure or cover personal property. Where bank charges are made for refunds these will be deducted from the final refund amount.
“10% off” Reward Vouchers
• These can be redeemed only once and then should be destroyed.
• When redeemed please ensure to give the code reference. We will then add your booking reference to it for our records.
• These CAN be combined with other discounts currently in place e.g. Early Bird and Multi-book Discount.
• Vouchers can NOT be exchanged for cash refunds
• There is no Expiry Date
• Vouchers ARE transferable to siblings or your friends
• Only full payment is regarded as acceptance of our booking conditions.
• Mother Nature Science accepts payment by credit or debit card, bacs (bank transfer) and cheque.
• No booking is fully confirmed until a full payment is received.
• To qualify for the Early Bird Booking Rate, bookings must be paid for before or on the date of expiry (see website for specific Season discount dates)
• Children booked from overseas are required to have a good level of spoken English so that they can follow the instructions from the leaders and are able to communicate with the other children.
• Unfortunately we do not teach English on our camps.
• We require a local telephone contact number once you are in the UK, in case of an emergency.
Pricing & Discounts
• All prices and costs listed are inclusive of VAT. A VAT invoice can be issued upon request.
• The best discount will always be offered to you at the time of booking.
• The Multi-Day/Sibling Discount is available once the Early Bird Discount has expired for the appropriate Season. Discounts can not be combined.
Changing your Booking
• With less than 14 to 7 days’ notice we will endeavour to change your dates within the same season (e.g. Summer), subject to availability.
• We are unable to guarantee any changes with less than 7 days notice.
Cancelling your Booking
• Customer Protection Plan (CPP) is included in the base price of all camp bookings. This means you may cancel your booking up to the last working day before you childs first day at camp and you will get back everything but the CPP premium which is £10.
• Cancellation must be in writing. You may cancel part of your booking, but only full days if you have booked Day Passes and whole weeks if you have booked fixed weeks. If you need to cancel part of a week booking, the remaining days will be charged at the Day Pass rate. Refunds are not given on a pro rata basis for days cancelled from a week booking. If you have booked 2 or more children/weeks and received an additional discount for this and then cancel one or more of the child/weeks, leaving just 1 child/week on the booking, the price will revert to the 1 child/week rate.
• Once your child has attended their first day, in any given season, CPP only covers for illness and in accordance with the following terms. In all cases, illness must be validated by a Doctors’ note. Any missed days should be made up later in the season, subject to availability. Where not possible, you can claim a pro rata refund, less the CPP premium. We do not charge an administration fee but some GP practices may charge you to issue a note. Siblings of the injured or ill child on the same booking and with CPP will also be refunded in full if they cancel the same days as their brother/sister. Curtailments for any other reason and curtailments for children without CPP will not be refunded under any circumstances. CPP does not insure or cover personal property. Where bank charges are made for refunds these will be deducted from the final refund amount.
• Only in exceptional circumstances we may have to cancel particular dates/venues.
• In this event, we will give those booked onto the programme at least 14 days’ notice and will offer a suitable alternative if one is available. Or put a credit to the value of your booking on file for future use on any Mother Nature Science product; or refund all monies paid for the dates cancelled, if preferred. In this instance we will absorb the PPC £10 cost.
Available Dates and Activities
• All the information in our literature is correct at time of printing.
• Changes may occur and, if so, Mother Nature Science will inform parents via our website as quickly as possible.
• Not every activity pictured in our literature is available at every venue.
• Please check venue-specific details using the camp finder on our website to find what’s available and where.
• Activity programmes are subject to change in the event of unsuitable weather or other circumstances beyond our control.
• Our standard hours for all camps and courses are 9am to 3:30pm.
• Only in special circumstances can a child be dropped off early or / picked up late to a maximum of 30 minutes per session, a charge of £10 per child is applicable.
• All children must be collected by 3:30pm, unless extended hours are booked a minimum of 24 hrs in advance.
• If for any reason you are detained and unable to collect by 3:30pm, we ask that you call us as soon as possible.
• Two members of staff will wait with your child until they are collected.
• Late Collection Terms: If you collect any later than 15 minutes after the scheduled collection time, you will be charged £1 per minute until collection takes place.
• We reserve the right to refuse future bookings from parents who continually pick up late.
• We respectfully remind you that children need to bring their own packed lunch, mid-session snack and drinks bottle. Mother Nature Science do NOT provide any food, snacks or juices at camp. We do have drinking water on site to keep your children hydrated throughout the day.
• We have a no sharing food policy. We respectfully ask for nut products (such as peanut butter, Nutella and bags of nuts) not to be placed in pack lunches.
• Campers should wear appropriate clothing for indoor and outdoor activities.
Drop-Off and Collection Procedures:
- Please ensure you have confirmed the names and phone numbers for the collectors of your children throughout the camp.
- You can notify us in advance about a change of collector by phone or email.
- Only the named persons known as ‘Collector’s on the register are permitted to collect your child/ren.
- Please always ensure collectors always bring photo ID with them.
- If any persons attempt to collect who are not on the register, you will be contacted by telephone to confirm their identity.
- We may also take a photo of the person collecting for our records.
- Late Collection: if you collect any later than 15 minutes after the scheduled collection time, you will be charged £1 per minute until collection takes place.
• All children in our care are covered by our Public Liability Insurance.
• Mother Nature Science Holiday Camp requires that all children who are ill or infectious be kept home for the full duration of their ailment, and for 48 hours after the last symptom occurs.
• Mother Nature Science will only administer medication in an emergency, as instructed by the parent and if it has been prescribed by a doctor or other health professional.
• In the event of an accident, first aid will be administered to children in our care, and the emergency services will be called if necessary.
• Essential prescribed medication must be handed in to each child’s Camp Manager for safe-keeping, in accordance with Ofsted recommendations.
• We suggest that all parents whose children carry Epipens arrange for a qualified medical practitioner to demonstrate use of the Epipen to our first aider, Camp Manager and Crew Leader on their first day at camp. If this is not possible then we will accept a demonstration given by a parent/guardian instead.
Photography and Video
• Please be aware that we occasionally take photographs/videos of children on camp for our promotional material. We obtain your prior permission to do so on the booking form.
Equal Opportunities and Child Protection
• Mother Nature Science is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes all children, regardless of their gender, ability, race or religion.
• Each child attending camp is of equal value and is entitled to equal access of opportunity.
• We operate a zero tolerance policy on discrimination or bullying of any kind.
• Mother Nature Science has legal obligations in relation to Child Protection.
• As a caring organisation, any suggestion of child abuse or neglect will be investigated and reported to our regulator, Ofsted, or other official agencies.
• It is our policy not to exclude any child due to specific needs, wherever possible.
• The needs of each child vary, so decisions are made on a case-by-case basis, depending on the level of support each individual child requires to enable them to fully participate in and enjoy activities at any of our camps and courses.
• We request that parents of children with specific needs contact Head Office to discuss how we can best accommodate their child, and consider whether any special arrangements need to be made.
• On rare occasions, if a child proves incompatible with the general well-being of camp, e.g. they are involved in bullying or are engaged in disruptive or aggressive behaviour, we reserve the right to exclude them.
• No refund will be made for any remaining days booked, and any costs associated with the exclusion, including transport home, will be the parents’ responsibility.
• We will use your details to contact you via email/mail or text with future information about our services.
• You may opt out of our mailing list when booking or afterwards at any stage.If you do not wish to receive such offers, you may also opt out of this at any stage.
• Mother Nature Science is registered under the Data Protection Act.
• We aim to provide the best possible care for all children at all times.
• Please tell other parents if you are happy with your experience.
• If you have concerns or suggestions, please tell us; we value your feedback and use it to develop and improve our services.
• Examples of parent feedback can be seen on our website for viewing.
• Concerns should be raised initially with your child’s Crew Leader or the Camp Manager for more serious
The relevant Regional Manager at Head Office will be advised, and will attempt to resolve the issue to your satisfaction.
• Mother Nature Science Camps requires that all children who are ill or infectious be kept home for the full duration of their ailment, and for 48 hours after the last symptom occurs.
• Mother Nature Science Camps will only administer medication if it has been prescribed by a doctor or other health professional.
• For health & safety reasons, we require that all children are fully toilet trained. We cannot accept children that require nappies and reserve the right to exclude any child that does not fulfil these requirements.
Behaviour Code of Conduct
• Mother Nature Science Camps encourages a relaxed atmosphere on Camp and aims to promote positive behaviour at all times.
• Upon booking you agree that your child or children will:
• Respect the property of others
• Be patient, honest, fair, and polite to others
• Not use abusive or obscene language
• Not be aggressive in the way they speak or behave towards others
• Will respect and treat others as they would wish to be treated
• We have a responsibility for ensuring the well-being and safety of all children in our care and have approved procedures for managing behaviour.
• The company follows a zero tolerance policy on discrimination, bullying and persistent poor behaviour of any kind, irrespective of any special needs.