May-June Half-Term Science Activity Holiday Camp 2022
– Science Blast! *
*Note: this is the same great new programme as the April Easter Camp 2022
Book with Confidence! – Our ‘Wraparound Childcare’ can run as normal in any Lockdown or Tier level and we are offering Full ‘ No Quibble’ Refunds
- Book with confidence! Our Camps are classed as a high priority ‘Children’s Educational Settings, Childcare and Group Activities’ and thus exempt from UK Lockdown and Tier rules
- ‘No quibble’ refunds for all bookings
- For Girls and Boys Ages 5-12
- Certified ‘We’re Good to Go’ COVID-Safe
- Dates: Mon 30 May-Wed 01 June 2022 (3 days only, Bank Holiday on Thur 02- Fri 03 June)
- Time: 9 am – 3:30 pm (Extended hrs 8:30 am – 4 pm)
- At Select School Venues Across London
- All Cards Accepted and Childcare Vouchers at Registered Venues Only
- Early-Bird and Multi-Booking Discount – Now in Place
- Winner ‘Best Holiday Camps’ voted by 1,000’s of Parents in the Hoop Awards
- The No. 1 Parent-Trusted Holiday Science Activity Camp for over 10 Years
Everything You Need to Know
Every year the Mother Nature Science Activity Camp inspires thousands of budding scientists, during all school Holidays and even the half-term breaks at premium Partner School Venues.
Before you attend
- Designed as a week – long camp, for maximum benefit to your child *
*You can book ‘individual days’ at a premium rate and no discount is applicable. Booking for the whole week is is much more cost effective.
- Open to ages 5 – 12 – tried and tested ‘mixed-age’ dynamic
- 9 am – 3:30 – extended hours available
- Bring a packed lunch – only mineral water provided
- All equipment provided
During the sessions
- Indoor and outdoor activities – bring comfy clothes
- Four classroom-based fun, hands-on, science sessions per day, with wow-factor demonstrations and take-home experiments – across chemistry, biology and physics – see what they do below!
- Three ‘Playground-Activity-Breaks’ per day, including: football, hoola-hoops, tennis, skipping-ropes, bubble-guns, parachutes, bean-bags and stomp rockets – and more!
About the Venues
- Located across London and Herts
- Parking on street
The Benefits for your Child
Activity Week Programme
*Note: this is the same great, new programme as the April Easter Camp 2022
Every day at this 3-day camp is a science expedition into the unknown and over the week your child will do 30+ science activities, exciting demonstrations, hands-on experiments, team games and fun quizzes.
Every Day includes: 4 indoor classroom-based fun, hands-on, science sessions and 3 outdoor ‘Activity Playground Breaks’
Disclaimer: Please note the order of the Activity Week Programme is subject to change. Should you wish to confirm the order of the Activity Week Programme at your camp venue; this will not be available until 2 weeks before the start of the camps.
Day 1> Rocket Launch!
We start the day with a quick reminder about hand hygiene! We learn some intriguing facts behind the Boomerang and become Mini Rocket Scientists! What is propulsion? We’ll see in this day packed with creating your own aerodynamic arrow and hoop glider, then we’ll investigate how to (safely!) get back down to Earth!
It Won’t Come Back! – What is the difference between a stick and a boomerang – Why does only one come back when you throw it? We look at how shape affects how things fly and make our own returning frisbee.
Rocket 3,2,1! – We make aerodynamic rockets and consider the forces need to launch a rocket into space.
Hoop Gliders! – We all recognise a traditional aeroplane shape – here we look at some unusual flying designs.
Eggonauts! – We discuss states of matter and guess properties of different materials, then we test those predictions and try to save Eddy the Egg from a sticky end!
Day 2> Flight Forces!
Having constructed a helicopter blade, we discover the science behind Da Vinci’s Catapult and launch projectiles across the classroom! Then we calm down the energy and watch a mind-blowing science show!
Choppers! – It’s not just aeroplanes that can fly – we investigate making our own helicopter rotors.
Static Flyer! – Gazing deep into a plasma ball we discover some properties of electricity, then harness static electricity to magically move our static flyer.
Catapult Comp! – We see some energy transfer in action as we shoot mini-missiles through the air.
The Epic Energy Journey Show! – There are so many different types of energy – but the First Law of Thermodynamics tell us that energy can be neither created nor destroyed – so instead we see some amazing energy transformations.
Day 3> Outer Space!
After watching a mind-blowing science show, discover the science behind the moon phases and make your own astronomy device to find it! Make your own gooey alien slime and compete in a ‘Design your own Mars Rover’ competition!
Moon Plate! – We all know the moon – but this session will help us gain a better understanding of the moon and how it rotates around the Earth.
Alien Slime! – We create a gooey, sticky Alien slime and learn all about non-Newtonian fluids.
Design a Mars Rover! – After the moon we head to Mars! We take a closer look at the planet Mars and consider the environment and terrain before building our own Mars Rover.
The Fun Zone! – We re-cap the activities with quizzes and challenges designed to reinforce the day’s learning.
Remember – Parents will also receive a TOP SECRET Handout that tells you:
- What They DID?
- What They LEARNT?
- Other cool science you can EXPLORE AT HOME?
Summer May/June Half-Term Holidays – see booking form for this year’s dates
Default timings below, it may differ at some locations please see booking form above.
9am – 3:30pm (6.5hrs).
Extended Hours: 8:30am-4pm – extra £10 per day, per child. Request at final Checkout page in ‘Additional Info.’ text box.
For the best price available to you, please see booking form above
Full Week Places (Discount Available)
Early Bird Discount is available! Up to 3-Weeks in advance of camp start date
Website automatically implements Early Bird Discount.
Normal Price: per week 5 days – premium hands-on science activities
Multi-Booking Discount is available, below for full-week friend group bookings, siblings and multiple weeks. Single payment transaction – only.
Places fill up 1-2 months in advance at some venues, so don’t miss out.
Day Rates (no Discount):
We offer a limited amount of daily places for a higher daily charge
How to book Day places: simply place your order online normally ignoring the full-week price and at the final ‘Checkout Page’ in the ‘Additional information’ box – type your preferred day/dates or requests and select ‘Pay by Other Method’ (‘BACS, Cheque, CV Childcare Voucher’) – not Pay by Card. Our Team will then email your balance and how to pay.
We reward parents who book multiple full-week places, siblings or together in a group with friends. See an example below where you can save up to £100 by booking with your friends. e.g. 👩 Sarah Booked online for her 5 friends as per below using Basket Code C20 and saved everyone £20 and £100 in total.
– I’m booking:
- £10 off full price (-£5/child) when you book 2 weeks / children
- Basket page Coupon Code: C5
- £30 off full price (-£10/child) when you book 3 weeks or children
- Basket page Coupon Code: C10
- £60 off full price (-£15/child) – when you book 4 weeks or children
- Basket page Coupon Code: C15
- £100 off full price (-£20/child) – when you book 5 weeks or children (-£20/child)
- Basket page Coupon Code: C20
Please note: friends in a group can also book online separately (choosing Checkout, Pay by Other Method) but one friend must pay for everyone via a single transaction bank transfer to qualify for the multi-book discount – you cannot pay separately. Available at participating offices only.