Online Science Club Enrolment
– Science Live Lab! – Sammy Science
On this page, you can book your child onto our Online Science Club quickly and easily.
Scroll down for ‘Everything you need to Know’, Sets and Topics
For more booking options go to the main Science Club Page Here
You can also Contact Us
About Online Science Club
With the current COVID-19 challenges currently facing our world today who wouldn’t want their child to still fun and engaging science whilst at home? That’s why Mother Nature Science Online Science Club – Science Live Lab! helps children achieve this by exploring a wide variety of scientific topics which are as entertaining as they are educational – from the comfort of your own home and all you need is a computer!
Every week your child will watch spectacular demonstrations and participate in experiments and discussions across Chemistry, Biology and Physics; making cool science-related items they have made themselves from equipment you can find at home. Parents also receive a ‘Science Topic Sheet’ so you can see what your child is learning and continue to explore the science at home together!
Our sessions are designed to inspire children of all abilities to have a love of science both in and out of school we have been running clubs for over ten years.
Everything you need to Know
Before you attend
• Open to ages 4-12 – tried and tested ‘mixed-age’ dynamic
• Book 3 x 40 min online sessions each week
• Different time slots at 11am, 1pm, 3pm, 5pm and more coming soon
• Lots of fantastic Fun Professor personalities to choose from
• Multiple science Topic ‘Sets’ to choose from
• Topic sheet sent before every session – with key ‘materials list’ for each topic
• Materials required are easy to find common household items
During the sessions
• Fun, safe, hands-on, online, science / STEM activity sessions, with wow-factor demonstrations and ‘make-along-at-home’ experiments – across chemistry, biology and physics
• Optional to make the hands-on ‘make-along-at-home’ activity during the session.
After the session
• Your children can still enjoy the session without the materials and try the activity later in their own time.
• Send us your photos and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org 😊
Meet Sammy Science!
Sammy Science is a presenter and children’s entertainer. He has many years experience teaching anything from science to circus skills to kids of all ages. Currently, Sam is stuck at home waiting to entertain you all with science and silliness at one of his online workshops.
Topics & Materials
We explore deep under the Earth’s crust to find out how volcanoes are created. We experience their power through an explosive volcano experiment. We show you how to create your own ‘mini volcano’ complete with a chemical reaction eruption!
Materials: clay/playdo, vinegar, bicarbonate of soda
Hoop Gliders! 🛩
We all recognise a traditional aeroplane shape – but here we look at some unusual flying designs and create a fantastic flier without wings!
Materials: straw, card, ruler, sellotape
Balancing Robot! 🤖
We investigate our centre of gravity, meet Barry the Brilliant Balancing Bird and make a brilliant balancing robot!
Materials: card, plasticine, glue
Strong Boats! 🚤
We investigate boats big and small and discover how things float, try to save the “World’s Best Boat” from sinking to the bottom of the ocean, and then we make our own ‘Strong Boat’!
Materials: paper, ruler, pencil, marbles (or any small weights)
Friction Climbers! 🧗♀️
Friction is a drag, it slow us down! We learn to recognise when friction is present, how to harness the force of friction and make a friction climbing creature!
Materials: paper/card, straw, string, sticky pads
Let’s go to the Movies! 🎬
Can you believe your eyes?! We see how our brain and eyes work together and explore the world of animation by looking at Thaumatropes, Zoetropes, Kinetropes and more!
Materials: card, sticky pad, pencil
Lava Lamps! 🔥
Different liquids have different densities, so some liquids will ‘float’ on others. We see a liquid density stack and then create a bubbling ‘lava lamp’!
Materials: vegetable oil, water, tall glass, fizzy vitamin tablet
Rockets 3,2,1! 🚀
We investigate the science behind rocket propulsion, see some rocket fuel in action and make a jet-powered air rocket – it’s time for a countdown!
Materials: paper/card, straw, sellotape
Let’s Talk Rubbish! ♻️
We learn about the waste hierarchy of Reduce, Reuse and Recycle, discover what happens to things that we throw away, and then make some recycled paper!
Materials: scrap paper/newspaper, tea strainer/sieve
More Coming Soon!…
Multi-Booking Discount Codes
Yes, these also work for multiple children 😊
• Book 2 Wks (6 sessions) – save £9 at basket – code: multi2
• Book 3 Wks (9 sessions) – save £20 at basket – code: multi3
• Book 4 Wks (12 sessions) – save £33 at basket – code: multi4
• Book 5 Wks (15 sessions) – save £48 at basket – code: multi5