Mother Nature Science Official COVID-19 / Coronavirus Statement and Immediate Action Plan
In light of the Government’s recent advice schools are now closed and we have regrettably cancelled all events (aside from Parties) until we plan to return to business on 20 April 2020. We still plan to run May-Half-Term, Summer Holiday Camps and Summer Term Science Clubs, as usual – pending further government advice.
Please Note: our customer service team are transitioning to remote work, so caller response time may be slower. We advise emailing email@example.com
As a company, we have been continually monitoring the evolving COVID-19 and at this stage wanted to give our parent community an update of actions we are taking ahead of our upcoming holiday camps.
Safeguarding your children and the wider community is our highest priority, therefore we are taking the necessary precautions and putting in place some additional measures, in line with guidance from Public Health England (PHE) and the NHS, to ensure the greatest protection and reassurance, to all our parents, children and staff.
All Events Immediate Action Plan (Camps, Parties, Clubs and Workshops) – Post-Return to Business
- We will continue to follow stringent hygiene practices on all events and would encourage you to ensure your child/children are aware of the basic principles of the “catch it, bin it, kill it” campaign.
- We are enacting PHE guidance to ensure those staff, parents and students, who are returning from travel to affected regions, and/or have reason to believe they have been exposed to the virus do not attend.
- We have increased staff training and awareness surrounding health and hygiene practices.
- We will encourage and implement good hand hygiene best practice procedures for all our camp attendees.
Note: for holiday camps on a practical level this involves hand-cleaning procedures at multiple scheduled 5 times throughout the day: first thing in the morning, after breaktimes and lunchtime.
- We are working closely with our host School Venue Partner contacts to ensure we have the relevant local knowledge and a strict handover process surrounding cleanliness of the venue are followed.
- In the event of a child showing any signs of Coronavirus we will immediately isolate the child and then contact the parents to collect the child . We may also contact NHS for advice.
- As part of the special measures we will limit the number of children for holiday camps to 20.
- We have also changed the first section of sessions about viruses and the importance of washing hands!
Online Events Booking
Parents can still Book and Pay Online for all Events:
– After School Science Club, Summer Term 2020 – booking now Here
– Holiday Camps, Spring and Summer 2020 booking now – Here
– Birthday Parties booking now Here
– Science Toys – Need to keep your child’s mind active while at home? Visit our Shop Here
Schools can still book Clubs and Workshops Here
Refunds / Credits
As a small business, we anticipate this situation will have a huge impact on us, but we are taking every measure to make sure that our staff and customers are looked after and that we are able to continue to provide your children with valuable science inspiration and education. According to our terms & conditions, we are unable to issue a refund but are able to provide full credit booked events and programmes that are cancelled due to events outside of our control. We will always provide a credit or make up session for any missed programming. Please see our terms & conditions here
We hope you understand the devastating effect that the current situation has had on our business and we appreciate your patience while we deal with these issues.
Thank you all for your kind words, support and letters of encouragement during these uncertain times. There is uncertainty about when the situation will return to normal, but we will keep you updated.
If you have any further concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 020 8863 8832, and thank you for your cooperation.
[UK Government] Coronavirus (COVID-19): latest information and advice:
[UK Government] COVID-19: Specified countries and areas with implications for returning travellers or visitors arriving in the UK